There is a reason they call it the spark of life. Passion ignites. Creativity burns like a fever. Focus and dedication are a steady flame. It all comes down to heat and when that heat extinguishes, life begins to end.
For me, failure was what doused my flame in the harsh waters of reality. In one instant, I'd failed everyone I'd ever met. I would not be remembered. My fate was sealed with my anonymity. Listless, withdrawn, morose, depressed. All these could describe me back then, but those words could not begin to touch the melancholy, the frozen netherworld, that had become my existence. There is no life without fire and my embers were almost out.
Eternity would have been more bearable. Then one day life began, very slowly at first, to become warm again. Heat began to creep into my bones in an ever persistent pace. I began to feel color again. A steady, warming glow began to make itself in my chest again. I began to smile again.
I found my passion, my quest, my mark to make on the world.
3 comments:
hmmmmmmm........
OK, I just have to point out that the "word verification" characters I had to type to post that last comment were "lovinhr" looks like lovin-her. hee hee. do you ever notice words on those?
This is sad, yet hopeful. May hope blossom!
Post a Comment