For instance, one of the more frequent denizens of the MUZAK world contains the lyric:
I want you
I need you
I'm never gonna love you
But two out of three ain't bad.
I need you
I'm never gonna love you
But two out of three ain't bad.
Seriously! This is a horrible song! Why would anyone write this, let alone choose this as "soothing" to the shopping experience? This is just one of the many examples of wildly inappropriate lyrics in songs commonly played in department stores. Its just wrong!
3 comments:
Hey, Mel...I found Maria in blog land!! There is a link to the "Marshall Family" on my blog. I forget--were you friends with her? I'm havin a spacey moment......hmmm.....
I wouldn't necessarily call what plays in the store as MUZAK, being, as I am, rather fond of many of them. Also, these songs are pulled from pop-culture, rather than being sort of a melodic and bland background music, which one generally associates with MUZAK. Of course, the repetition can be a distraction at times, but not a terrible one. In regard to the specific song you chose, two out of three isn't that bad.
Pop-culture, easy listening, MUZAK. Its all the same in its trivial and downright prosaic lyrics and generic melodies. And two out of three is bad when used in the context of that song.
Post a Comment