Sunday, August 17, 2008

Olympic Commentators

Like much of the world, I watched part of the Olympics and it struck me how ridiculous some of the commentators of the slower sports are. I realize that they do have to "fill time" during the less action packed sequences but really I find it beyond absurd that two such commentators called a rather slow boat race "a barn burner". Seriously people.

I would really enjoy it if just once the commentators would say something like "Well, Joan, there's really not much happening right now" or "Wow, Mark, this is the most boring thing we've seen all year". That would be my kind of commentating.

4 comments:

G.C.C. said...

Olympics suck, yeah!

Heather said...

Although I think the Olympics is a big deal, especially for the athletes--what a feat!----I think they get way too much t.v. time.

G.C.C. said...

There are better things on T.V.; Battlestar Galactica for instance.

soadrocks29 said...

what? Do you people live under a rock - are you serious with the Battlestar Galactica comment, come on. Can you not admire what Michael Phelps accomplished? Now, that makes good TV.