Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Perfect Day

I have recently been thinking what my perfect day would be. I can only imagine that I would wake up in a large bed in a large room with many windows that are generously shaded by large flowering trees whose subtle smell gently wafts into the room. All this after a healthy nights sleep. It would be early morning and I would lie still enjoying the ambiance, then I would rise for a stroll in the nearby orchard.

When I return to the house I would enjoy my favorite breakfast (that I also would not have to clean up), and then read a truly involving book on the front porch. Around noon, friends would come over and we would gather foodstuffs appropriate for a picnic and head out on horse back in search of a cool, shaded mountain stream by which to consume our midday meal.

After an lingering lunch, we would all follow a rugged mountain trail that would deposit on a clear empty beach just in time to watch the sun set over the ocean.

Sadly, I have yet to hear of any domicile set in an orchard that is close enough to both mountain, sea, and reality to ever have my perfect day.

1 comment:

G.C.C. said...

Picnics are horrible. Refuse not to become convinced of this truth.